Each district has a budget of $94,000 for a District Capital Fund for permanent projects in the community that provide widespread community benefit. For the last five years community members just like you have proposed projects, made recommendations on how to spend this money, and voted on who should be funded.
All residents of District 7 – including children – are invited to come and help choose projects that will help build a stronger community! We are practicing a different way to make decisions about how to spend public money in our neighbourhood.
- Do you live in District 7 Halifax South Downtown?
- Need funding for a project to support, enhance, build community here?
- Want to have a say in how this neighbourhood budget is spent?
Does your community:
- Need funding for a project to support, enhance, build community?
- Want to see more public art, bike racks, benches?
- Does your neighbourhood want to improve a park or playground?
Capital projects that provide a public benefit are eligible for funding. In addition to info on this website, you are encouraged to contact my office and speak to Melody Campbell in Councillor Mason’s Office. Melody’s email is firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call her at 902-490-2012 if you have any questions.
What can funded be is capital projects that provide a public benefit. Residents should know in advance that all HRM policies and guidelines must be met. There are a bunch of rules that help define what can and can’t be funded, you can read the HRM District Capital Policy here.